Unity of Fort Myers’ Prayer Chaplain Program empowers people to pray with one another, recognizing God’s presence and power in every moment. Our Prayer Chaplains are here to support you in prayer, knowing what a great blessing it is to pray with another. All prayer requests are held in the strictest confidence.
Is Prayer Chaplaincy for you?
Being a Prayer Chaplain is a way to express one’s divine potential while achieving deeper spiritual fulfillment.
If you think you would like to serve as a Prayer Chaplain, we invite you to pray about your calling. Stepping up to this sacred service also is stepping up to your next level of spiritual growth.
The role of a Prayer Chaplain is to hold spiritual space, listen from the heart, pray with others, and hold in confidence what is shared.
People who volunteer to be a Prayer Chaplain agree to take on certain responsibilities, such as:
- Make a one-year commitment to serve;
- Maintain a personal prayer life;
- Make wellness calls to members of our congregation;
- Make visitations, when available;
- Communicate regularly with the Prayer Chaplain coordinator;
- Attend a mandatory orientation, training sessions and monthly training meetings.
More information about the program is available from the church. If you have questions, please feel free to contact us.